It is through the tireless dedication of our volunteers that Project Open Hand is able to nourish our community and answer the call of people in need.
Project Open Hand is seeking volunteers that want to contribute to our mission to improve health outcomes and quality of life by providing nutritious meals to the sick and vulnerable, caring for and educating our community. Individual volunteers commit to weekly shift and help prepare, package and deliver meals with love.
WEEKLY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Kitchen: Help us with meal assembly, packaging and other general meal preparation. Learn more.
- Grocery Center: Help sort and pack food in our warehouse, or help provide clients with their weekly groceries. Learn more.
- Delivery: Help deliver meals with love. Deliveries can be done alone or in pairs, walking or by car. Learn more.
- Meal Site: Help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our senior clients and adults with disabilities. Learn more.
- Time Commitment: Please be ready to make a 3-month commitment to a weekly shift (or 40 hours per semester for students).
- Minimum Age: 15 years old
- Proof of Tuberculosis (TB) Test: Test within the last year is accepted.
- Proof of Vaccine: Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to your scheduled shifts or in-person to a Volunteer Coordinator.
- Health Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Community Service Hours: If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you MUST notify Volunteer Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To move forward with a weekly placement, please submit our Volunteer Inquiry Form, and a volunteer coordinator will be in touch.
If you are not able to commit to a weekly shift or want to try a drop-in shift first, please sign up for one of our Hot Spot shifts.